Planning to go to Coron for the first time and want to try the island hopping tours as well as enjoy a staycation? Then check out my budget travel guide below with sample itinerary and breakdown of expenses for 5D4N.
Since it’s our first time to go to Coron, we wanted to see its main top attractions (Kayangan Lake, Twin Lagoon, Mt Tapyas, Maquinit Hotspring to name a few) and at the same time experience a staycation in a 4-star resort in Coron but still on a BUDGET.
We managed to do that by skipping the Calauit Safari Tour (PHP 2400 per head) and replacing it with a staycation at Coron Soleil Express Hotel on our Day 4 and 5 so we can have more time to relax after our 3-day adventure (Climbing the Mt. Tapyas and Island Hopping Tours).
Travel Period: June 21 – 25, 2018
How to Get to Coron from Manila:
To save time, it’s recommended to get a direct flight to Coron from Manila from any of these airlines: (Travel time: 1.5hr)
- Cebu Pacific Airlines – we booked our ticket for PHP 2200 per head (two-way)
- Sky Jet Airlines
- Philippine Airlines
How to Go to Coron Town Proper from Busuanga Airport
- Ride a van at the airport terminal
- Fare: PHP 150 per head (courtesy of Palawan Travel Solutions)
- Travel Time – 30 to 40mins
Sample Coron Itinerary + Breakdown of Travel Expenses for 5D4N
DAY 1: CORON TOWN TOUR
PHP 375 / head (DIY)
- Arrived in Coron at 11:00 AM
- Checked-in at Sea Horse Guest House (Dormitory-type with free breakfast and wifi). We booked 3 nights here.
- San Agustin Church – 5 to 10mins walk from Sea Horse Guesthouse
- Mt. Tapyas (with Free Entrance) – 10 – 15 mins walk from San Agustin Church / Then another 30mins walk to reach the top of Mt Tapyas
- Maquinit Hotspring (with Entrance Fee – PHP 200) – Trike (PHP 350) two-way from Sea Horse Guest House (good for 2 persons). It’s best to enjoy after climbing the Mt Tapyas
See Panoramic Views of Coron Town and Catch the Amazing Sunset
Maquinit Hot Spring
A Nice Place to Relax and Unwind (Until 8pm only)
Journey Insider Tip: It’s recommended to DIY the Coron Town Tour instead of joining the group tours so you can have more time in Mt. Tapyas and Maquinit Hotspring.
DAY 2: CORON ISLAND HOPPING TOUR A
With Lunch – PHP 950 / head (Joiners)
This tour is a must-try if you don’t want to miss visiting Kayangan Lake (one of the highlights in Coron Tour A)
The Most Photographed Spot in Coron
CYC Beach – Coron Youth Club Beach
- Hidden Lagoon
- Coral Garden
- Atwayan Beach
- Quin Reefs
DAY 3: CORON ISLAND HOPPING TOUR B
With Lunch – PHP 1300 / head (Joiners)
This tour is also a must-try if you don’t want to miss seeing Twin Lagoon, Banol Beach and Barracuda Lake (some of the highlights in Coron Tour B)
- Skeleton Wreck
- Reef Coral Garden
- Luluyuan Lake
- Barracuda Lake
DAY 4: STAYCATION AT CORON SOLEIL GARDEN RESORT
We booked a 1-night stay at Coron Soleil Express, a 3-star budget hotel in Coron. But what’s good thing about staying here is you can enjoy the amenities of Coron Soleil Garden Resort (their 4-star resort located in the same complex) at the price of a budget hotel.
Amenities of Coron Soleil Garden Resort
- With Free Breakfast
- With Free Transfer from Hotel to Airport
- With Free WIFI
- With Free Access to Amenities (Swimming Pool)
DAY 5: STAYCATION + BACK TO MANILA
- Buy Pasalubong
- Flight to Manila – 2:40PM
Note: For our Coron Island Tour A and B with transfer from airport to hotel, we availed the Coron travel package of Sir Fidel Pacia from Palawan Travel Solutions as joiners (PHP 2400 per head)
Where to Stay in Coron
- Sea Horse Guesthouse (Dormitory-type) – Php 400 per night / head
- Coron Soleil Express – Php 3800 / night (good for 2 persons)
Breakdown of Total Expenses (Tours + Accommodation) for 5D4N
For 2 Persons
- Transfer from Airport to Hotel – PHP 150 per head
- Coron Town Tour – PHP 375 per head
- Coron Island Hopping Tour A – PHP 950 per head
- Coron Island Hopping Tour B – PHP 1300 per head
- Sea Horse Guest House – PHP 400 per night x 3 nights = PHP 1200 per head
- Coron Soleil Express – PHP3800 per night (good for 2 persons) = PHP 1900 per head
- Transfer from Hotel to Airport – FREE (care of Coron Soleil Express)
- TOTAL EXPENSES = PHP 5875 / head (without food expenses)
Where to Eat in Coron
- Island Boy Grill
- Big Mama’s Pinoy Hot Pot & Grill
- Lobster King
- No Name Bar and Restaurant
- Santino’s Grill
Have you been to Coron? How was your experience? Do you have some travel tips to add? Share your awesome photos and will feature them on our blog!
Enjoyed Reading our Coron Travel Guide? Sharing is FUN!
Cess is the blogger behind JourneyInsider.com. Currently, she works as a full-time SEO Manager. She enjoys being at the beach with the white sand, blue sky, and ocean breeze or having an island-hopping adventure when she’s not working hard!