Iloilo, Guimaras, and Bacolod are three provinces in the Western Visayas region that are worth a visit when exploring the archipelago of the Philippines. This travel to guide to Iloilo, Guimaras, and Bacolod will showcase the top attractions as well as the best places to satisfy your tummy, where to stay and activities you should be including in your trip to help you get the most of the 4D/3N that you have. Read along as I help you in your journey.
For a wanderlust like me, there is no best way to spend my 4 days off from the hustle of the urban and work life than to spend it exploring new places and making unforgettable experiences. But what is more fulfilling is crossing out not just one but three provinces in the Philippines in just 4 days. My travel includes a trip to the wonderful provinces of Iloilo, Guimaras, and Bacolod and I suggest that you should travel to these places all at once because of their inter-connectivity, travel practicality and the same vibe they almost share.
Day 1 – Sample DIY Itinerary in Iloilo
- 9:15am – Arrived at Iloilo Airport
- 9:25am – Rode a van going to SM Iloilo (Php 50.00)
- 9:55am – Arrived at SM Iloilo. Rode a jeep going to Robinson Iloilo / Go Hotels Iloilo (Php 7.00)
- 10:05am – Arrived at Go Hotels Iloilo (I booked through Agoda and got 63% OFF). Secured my bag at Go Hotels Iloilo then rode a taxi going to Dova Brunch Cafe (Php 60.00)
- 10:35am – Arrived at Dova Brunch Cafe. Took brunch and then rode a jeep going to Museo Iloilo (Php 7.00)
- 12:00noon – Arrived at Museo Iloilo. Then went to Iloilo Provincial Capitol. It’s just a walking distance from Museo Iloilo
- 1:00pm – Rode a jeep going back to Robinsons Iloilo. Then took my lunch.
- 2:15pm – Checked in at Go Hotels
- 3:00pm – Went to Jaro Cathedral. Rode a jeep going to SM Iloilo (Php 7.00)
- 3:15pm – Arrived at SM Iloilo. Then rode a jeep going to Jaro Cathedral (Php 7.00)
- 3:35pm – Arrived at Jaro Cathedral / Bell Tower
- 4:15pm – Rode a jeep going to Lizares Mansion (Angelicum School Iloilo) (Php 7.00)
- 4:30pm – Rode a jeep going back to SM Iloilo (Php 7.00)
- 6:00pm – Took my dinner at SM Iloilo
- 7:30pm – Rode a jeep going back to Go Hotels (Php 7.00)
Additional Budget Hotels in Iloilo
Day 2 – Sample DIY Itinerary in Guimaras
- 7:00am – Checked out at Go Hotels. Secured my things at Go Hotels Iloilo and paid P50.00. Then rode a jeep going to Ortiz Wharf, Iloilo (Php 7.00)
- 7:45am – ETD – Ortiz Wharf, Iloilo (Php 15.00)
- 8:00am – ETA – Jordan Port, Guimaras. Met Kuya Cherald Parojenog, my tour guide.
- 8:15am – Took my breakfast at Guimaras Carinderia
- 8:30am – Start of our Day Tour
Attractions I Visited:
- Balaan Bukid Shrine
- Smallest Plaza
- Guimaras Provincial Capitol
- Windmills Guimaras
- Pitstop – where we took our lunch
- Oro Verde Mango Plantation
- Trappist Monastery
- Lawi Bay
- Guisi Ruins & Lighthouse
- 2:00pm – End of our Day Tour
- 2:30pm – Checked in at Raymen Beach Resort. You can book now through Agoda and enjoy 20% discount
- 5:00pm – Explored Alubihod Beach. Watched Sunset.
Read my Detailed Tavel Guide to Guimaras to know my story and see my photos.
Day 3 – Sample DIY Itinerary in Guimaras, Iloilo, & Bacolod
- 6:00am – Breakfast. Watched Sunrise. Swimming at Alubihod Beach.
- 10:00am – ETD – Raymen Beach Resort. Kuya Cherald’s brother, Paolo, fetched me at Raymen Beach Resort. (Php 200.00)
- 10:35am – ETD – Jordan Port, Guimaras (Php 15.00)
- 10:50am – ETA – Ortiz Wharf Port. Then rode a pedicab going to Go Hotels Iloilo. (Php 20.00)
- 11:10am – Went at Go Hotels Iloilo to leave some of my additional things
- 11:30am – Went to Robinsons Iloilo to take my lunch
- 12noon – Went to Iloilo Esplanade (Php 7.00 Jeep)
- 12:30pm – Went to Molo Church (Php 70.00 taxi)
- 1:00pm – Went back to Go Hotels Iloilo to get my bag. Then rode a taxi going to Iloilo Fastcraft & Roro Terminal (Php 70.00)
- 1:30pm – Arrived at Iloilo Fastcraft Terminal
- 2:20pm – ETD – Iloilo Fastcraft Terminal
- 3:20pm – ETA – Bacolod Bredco Port
- 3:40pm – Rode a tricycle going to Go Hotels Bacolod (P50.00)
- 3:45pm – Checked in at Go Hotels Bacolod. You can book through Agoda now and enjoy 64% discount
- 4:00pm – Rode a van going to The Ruins (service offered by Go Hotels – Php 100 roundtrip)
- 4:15pm – ETA – The Ruins
- 6:00pm – ETD – The Ruins
- 6:20pm – Explored Robinsons Bacolod and Central City Walk
- 9:00pm – Went back to Go Hotels Bacolod
Day 4 – Sample DIY Itinerary in Bacolod
- 8:00am – Checked out at Go Hotels Bacolod
- 8:30am – Start of Day Tour in Bacolod
Attractions I Visited:
- 21 Bar Restaurant (unfortunately it was closed when I went here at 9:00am)
- Bongbong’s Pasalubong Center
- Merci Pasalubong Treats
- Pope John Paul II Tower
- The Negros Showroom
- The Negros Museum
- Bacolod Provincial Capitol
- Calea Pastries and Coffee
- 21 Bar Restaurant where I took my lunch
- 1:30pm – Went back to Go Hotels Bacolod to get my things
- 2:30pm – Went to Bacolod Airport
- 6:00pm – ETD – Bacolod Airport
Have you been to Iloilo, Guimaras & Bacolod? Do you have anything to suggest in this travel guide? Let us know in the comments below!
Enjoyed Reading this Article? Sharing is FUN!
Cess is the blogger behind JourneyInsider.com. Currently, she works as a full-time SEO Manager. She enjoys being at the beach with the white sand, blue sky, and ocean breeze or having an island-hopping adventure when she’s not working hard!